Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Product Review: Maybelline NY Micellar Water






It's been quite awhile since I used a Micellar Water makeup remover ( the last one was from Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser) as I was enjoying my water-based facial cleanser from Sensé Daily Cleanser to clean up my face and it helps me wipes off my makeup easily while leaving me a refreshing feel. I only have the Benefit Cosmetic's They're Real Mascara makeup remover handy since their Waterproof Mascara can't be removed with a regular makeup remover or cleanser.


So when I saw posts from some of the beauty bloggers about Maybelline New York's Micellar Water and so the budget-friendly price, I was curious.


Last weekend as I do my mini-haul to replenish some makeup stocks, I bumped into the Maybelline's booth and bought the pink Micellar Water make up remover. I tried their first variant of Makeup remover (Maybelline Eye & Lip Makeup Remover) a few years back but since it is not purely water based, I stopped using it and switched to the Happy Skin Makeup Remover.


I was excited to use it to see how it really works on my skin.



Maybelline New York Micellar Water

Here's my quick review about it:


Pros:

  1. Budget friendly that gives you the water-based feeling effect.
  2. It is cost-effective to use, with the big bottle, I only use 1-2 touch to my cotton pads to wipe off my face makeup
  3. It works with the usual waterproof mascaras though I wasn't able to try it to The Benefit They're Real Mascara as I ran out of it and switched to a different brand.
Cons:
  1. It needs a bit of time on my face before I have to wipe it off
  2. It doesn't give me that cool feeling afterward so I still finish it off with my Sense Facial Cleanser. Probably if the Refreshing Variant was available, I should have liked it instead.
  3. If I am not wearing a waterproof mascara, I can settle to my usual facial cleanser to clean my face. So I guess I'll be using this when I needed some extra help to remove my make-up.

I guess it will do well too when you have full coverage make-up which I haven't tried lately since I don't have a big event where I needed to do a full coverage makeup yet.


I guess in terms of experience, I still prefer these 2 water-based makeup removers:

1. Happy Skin's Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser Php 699


Happy Skin Make a Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser Php 699
Photo by Happy Skin

2. Sensé Daily Cleanser Php 1,100 (available to your nearest Usana's Independent Distributors)

Sensé Daily Cleanser and Sensé Hydrating Toner

But if you're on a tight budget, you could opt to try Maybelline New York's Micellar Water and Maybelline Eye & Lip MakeUp Remover

Maybelline Eye & Lip Makeup Remover Php 199
Photo by Maybelline New York Philippines

Have you already tried other Micellar Water Makeup removers? Let us know how it worked for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment