I don't know about you, but that's how my scalp transitions in the Philippine weather. As a Software Analyst who typically works during the mid - shift to night shift + overtimes, it is difficult for me to maintain a healthy scalp. That's why I take Vitamin E and Vitamin C daily through supplements to help me out (as what I eat aren't enough). Spending my day in an air conditioned office, it is very easy for me to develop that dry scalp, which also leads to itchiness sometimes and then to dandruff---YIKES!!!!
It was the year 2012 when my sisters introduced me to a very good anti-dandruff shampoo. I just came back from a one year assignment in Sydney, Australia by that time. Me and my sisters share the same hair & scalp dilemma (and yes we all work in the I.T. Industry). We tried different advertised anti-dandruff shampoos leading us disappointed in the end. Some work, but leave us with a very dry hair and some didn't even work at all.
So, back to year 2012. They were so thrilled to introduce to me "JĀSÖN® Dandruff Relief Treatment Shampoo". They found it at one of the Healthy Options Store and have been using it for months (before I came home to Manila). I got curious and hesitant to try it at first when I learned the price (Php 795) "That's almost x3 the price of my usual shampoo!!!" (I said to myself) But since my sisters attested that it really works, then I tried... First by sharing a bottle with them.
And after a few days... Viola! I am a believer. It really worked! Here are the reasons why I stuck with it since 2012.
Pros:
1. It really does work as an anti-dandruff shampoo. No more flaky and itchy scalp for me.
2. It has that minty-kind-off smell unlike other dermatologist-prescribed anti-dandruff shampoos.
3. No more itchy scalp means less stress for me to handle (meaning I could focus more on other important things and not worry if those flaky skin are coming out of my head and I am confident to wear black tops)
Cons:
1. It is a bit pricey compared to the commercially marketed Anti-Dandruff Shampoos. But I only use it at most 3x a week and have a cheaper Shampoo as an alternative. When I was using it initially, I used it daily for a week or 2 then when I saw the improvement, I just used it at most 3x a week.
During my first 2 months of use, after seeing that I don't have dandruff or itchy scalp anymore, I actually stopped using it for a month, then I noticed the itchy-ness started to come back again. Thus, I continued to use it and had been a staple member of my bathroom toiletries (Realization: My skin is not that healthy and nourished and my scalp really needs a little help).
My sisters and I usually buy 2 bottles for each of us since there are times the stores ran out of stock.
JĀSÖN® also has a Hair Conditioner version, but I kinda satisfied with just using the Shampoo and opt for a cheaper brand of Conditioner that delivers the result that I expected.
It has different Shampoo variants as well and actually the "JĀSÖN® Dandruff Relief Treatment Shampoo" is classified under "Therapy Hair Care" and not the usual "Shampoo" Category.
JĀSÖN® is a brand that originated in California around 1959 and the brand name means "healer" in Greek. Their advocacy is to produce products from simple and wholesome ingredients that are proven safe and proven to work together in naturally effective ways (source www.jason-personalcare.com).
The JĀSÖN® Dandruff Relief Treatment Shampoo doesn't have
Product Details:
Product Name: JĀSÖN® Dandruff Relief Treatment Shampoo
Price: 10.87 USD for a 355ml bottle
Description:
This laboratory-tested, gentle cleanser stops dandruff while controlling scalp dermatitis and mild psoriasis. Featuring our unique combination of FDA compliant dandruff-control ingredients plus nourishing essential oils of Rosemary, Olive and Jojoba, this medicated cleanser soothes, heals and moisturizes while it eliminates flakes and itchiness. MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) rebalances and conditions the scalp to prevent future dandruff.
- No Parabens (well known preservative)
- No SLS (a chemical that can cause irritation to skin with prolonged exposure and can cause or worsen skin problems especially to those with hypersensitive skin)
- No Petrolatum (another name for Petroleum Jelly)
- No Artificial colors
- No Phthalates (mainly used as plasticizers--substances added to plastics to increase flexibility)
Ingredients:
- Active Ingredients: Sulfur 2.0 %, Salicylic Acid 2.0 %
- Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (1), Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (1), Camphor, Dimethyl Sulfone (2), Menthol, Methyl Salicylate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum)
- (1) Certified Organic Ingredient (2) MSM
To know more about the other JĀSÖN® products, you may check their website at www.jason-personalcare.com. Not sure if all their products are available in the Philippines (they are not actually detailed out in the Healthy Options website.
JĀSÖN® products are available (depending on stock availability) at any Healthy Options Store: www.healthyoptions.com.ph/stores
Just spreading something that really works!
Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment