"Ber" months are usually my stressful months of the year. For some reason, most of my very busy days at work are during these months thus I get stressed out easily. And since I can't go out of town to unwind yet (looking forward for Christmas "vaycay"), I tried to find my outlets for stress.
I am a self-confessed practitioner of "Retail Therapy" and lately I've been looking through beauty blogs and fashion sites to check out what's new in the market. I love colors so make-ups and other girly stuffs satisfy my cravings and serves as my short-term stress outlet. I work in the IT industry doing programming and analyzing solutions, so there's not much physical color in it.
My subscription to the BDJ Box has been one of my outlets to get out of the too serious world and see some colors. :-)
When the BDJ Box team announced that reservation is now open for the BDJ November Elite Box, I quickly reserved and made my payment immediately (excited much?!?).
At first, I thought that I will give most of the products in the box as a gift for Christmas (believe me, it is one of the alternative way to save up for gifts as you could get the products up to 60% off...hehehe) but when I opened the contents, well plans changed...now I only allotted a couple of items as gifts and the rest are for keeps (bwahahahaha!).
Here are the contents of the November Elite box with the theme "Holiday Glam Extraordinaire" showcasing products from L'oreal Paris (one of the brands that I believe in), and my reason why some of them are for keeps and some of them will be something I will give as a gift for Christmas.
1. Color Riche Les Nail Art Sticker (Php 395)
Verdict: For Keeps
Reason: I never had tried a nail art sticker before so I want to give this a shot (my "wanna-get-out-my-comfort-zone" attitude wants it) but need to wait after I finish my violin class as I am not allowed to grow nails while doing violin.
2. Color Riche Les Vernis (Php 199)
Verdict: As a gift
Reason: I know someone (aka my youngest sister) would love the shade that I got from the box thus I know she will very much appreciate it. Well she's my sister so I bet she will share it with me as well hahahaha
3. L'oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil (Php 499) 100ml
Verdict: Definitely for keeps
Reason: I need all the nourishment I could have for my hair. With my crazy shift at work, my hair are more prone to itchiness, split ends and dryness so I definitely need this one.
4. Lucent Magique Highlighter (Php 725)
Verdict: For Keeps
Reason: I haven't found a good concealer that matches my expectations. Honestly not that happy with the one I am using right now so I wanna give this a shot. I also love the tip of the highlighter which is a soft brush.
5. Color Riche L'or Sunset (Php 625) 3.9g
Verdict: For Keeps
Reason: Well first, I don't know whom to give this as a gift because it has that shimmering bronze and glimmering copper color combination. It is a limited edition Cannes Collection and not your usual day to day lipstick. This is not something I will usually buy at boutique store so I will definitely keep this one for special occasions (not sure if my logic sound right hahaha).
6. Shine Caresse Wetstain (Php 595) 6ml
Verdict: For Keeps
Reason: There are much to be love for this one as I love the packaging, I love the color (girly color) and I love the promise that will help me keep my lips moist and soft. So it is for keeps!
7. Youth Code Pre-Essence (Php 1495) 30ml
Verdict: For Keeps
Reason: I gave my last Serum to my mom, thinking she needed it more than I do and then I realized, who am I kidding? I am already at my 30s and wrinkles start to show up so yes, for this one, I will definitely keep it and actually been using it. (Wait for my review on the product on my next blog)
8. Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream (Php 845) 50ml
Verdict: As a gift
Reason: This definitely goes to my mom's gift box as I am still enjoying the face cream that I am currently using from other brand and I am helping her find the perfect face cream for her because the one she previously love from other brand is now phase out in the Philippine Market. Need to buy them abroad pa :-(
9. L'oreal Make Up Pouch (Php 300)
Verdict: Deciding as a gift or for keeps (hahahaha)
Reason: I love the pouch. It's cute and definitely fit my day to day office bag but I already have one so I am contemplating of giving this as a gift to someone who needs it.
10. L'oreal Paris Serum Trial Kit (Php 995 for the 30ml actual size)
Verdict: For Keeps
Reason: Well I only got the trial/sample size for this one and would like to try it a well.
11. Revitalift Night Essense (Php 1399 for the 30ml actual size) --see photo above
Verdict: As a gift
Reason: Well I plan to give it to my mom along with the Revitalift Night Cream for her to try it out.
Wait for my next blogs on my reviews on the products above that I am keeping. For now, all I could say is that, I've been a happy Bella from the products I am getting from the BDJ Box Team (keep up the good work ladies).
If you want to learn more about BDJ Box, check out their pretty cool website at www.bdjbox.com.
Stay Fresh and happy keeping your focus on that goal.














No comments:
Post a Comment