Monday, April 4, 2016

Review: When Fashion Meets Faith

I am falling in love with audio-books. It is convenient since you could save it in your smart phone and listen to it at your convenient time. It is a hobby that I recommend to my friends who normally have an hour or two (or more) of travel to work (learning on the go). 

My first audio book was way back 2012 when I was assigned working in Australia as an IT Consultant. I was curious on the book "Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad" by Shari Braendel of Fashion Meets Faith (www.sharibraendel.com). I actually forgot how I bumped into her book but good thing I had.



The book was later re-published as "Help Me, Jesus! I have nothing to wear".


First, I tried to do a test on her Color E-Analysis. In this test you will identify your features like hair color, skin tone etc. then it will analyze what type of color swatch is best for you (Clear, Soft, Cool, Deep, Light or Warm). These groups have a corresponding swatches of clothes that you could pattern your wardrobe into (thus help us prevent on buying clothes whose colors don't emphasize our beauty). What's cool about it is that when you finish the test and would like to purchase the swatches (USD 24.95) so you'll have a guide, she will re-validate the result by asking you to send your own picture. She validated mine and sent me "Deep Swatches" instead of the "Cool Swatches". 

The result for me was a wake up call. I wasn't aware that I look better in Bright Yellow, Dark Blue and my favorite RED (hehehe). I also needed to stay away from pastel colors which at that time are the color tones in my closet (around 75% hahahaha). To be honest, it's kinda painful to break-up with those colors because I love them but I know I need to make a change in order to look better not dull or boring.

Deep Color Swatches the I got from Fashion Meets Faith


Afterward, being eager to learn about fashion and how to dress well based on my skin tone and body frame, I purchased her audio book "Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad" via iTunes (when I was in Australia). Unfortunately, it is not yet available in the Philippine market thus I wasn't able to share it with my friends. 

In her book, she tackled more on appreciating our own body, guide on which swimsuit to wear for each body type (she call it BOD-X, each letter corresponds to a certain body type), what type of accessories to wear, the art of undergarments, your perfect pair of jeans and even hair and make-up. She mainly focused on the girls/ladies who would like to improve themselves in dressing up without selling their soul to prying eyes. 

Shari also holds a Christian Image Consultant Training for those interested to be a Certified Image Consultant that I am also eyeing to have (gosh, I wanna fly to US hahaha!---one on my bucket list).

Now, it's your turn, have you tried listening to audio-book recently--what are those? or do you have fashion books that would like to recommend? Let's hear it by commenting below.

- The Kikay In Me

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/FashionMeetsFaithwithShari
Website: www.sharibraendel.com
Amazon: Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad
Color E-analysis: http://www.colorenalysis.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment