Thursday, April 24, 2014

My eyeshadow's new found friend: Benefit Cosmetic's Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer

A Product Review on Benefit Cosmetic's Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer

I haven't used an eye primer before, so the Benefit Cosmetic's Stay Don't Stray stay-put primer for concealer and eyeshadows is my first. I got this from my March BDJ Box that was filled with other Benefit Cosmetic products.

Stay Don't Stray 2.5ml Sample Size from March BDJ Box

I find the name of the product very intriguing and enticing. For girls out there, I don't know if you also encounter my "eyeshadow dilemma", it is when I put my favourite eyeshadow in the morning and after a few hours (especially when exposed to the sun + the combination of my oily skin), I'll either notice them gone or had gotten clumped on top of my eyelids which will lead me to re-apply my eyeshadow again. That is if I look into the mirror. So, what if I haven't looked at the mirror after a few hours of applying it, exposed to the sun and then had to go to an important meeting with my boss or with a client and they'll see those clumped eyeshadow pigments on my eyelids...YIKES!!!

So, when I was about to put this product to test, I was hoping it will kinda solve my "eyeshadow dilemma"....and guess what ----IT DID!!!

Here's my review on Benefit Cosmetic's Stay Don't Stray:

Pros:

  1. It solved my "eyeshadow dilemma". It did make my eyeshadow stay put all day and prevented it from being clumped on top of my eyelid. Believe me, I didn't need to re-apply thus I kinda got that habit of leaving my eyeshadow at home (a plus to my pack-light goal hahaha).
  2. A little goes a loooooong way. I only got the sample size from the BDJ Box which is just 2.5ml (full size is about 10ml) but I am still using it (from March until now--April). 2 to 3 dots in each eyelids and under the eye will do...sometimes I only use 1 dot for each part. So I think, I will be consuming the sample size for another month before I buy the full-size version. 

  3. The "Light/Medium" shade is perfect to my skintone. It actually has 2 neutral shades ("Light/Medium" and "Medium/Deep" shades).
  4. Easy to apply. The packaging has a brush-type (just like your regular lip gloss brushes) instead of having it in a tube, like other eye creams do. In that way, I could control how much I would apply. In a tube-like packaging, I sometimes tend to squeeze it too hard thus most of the time a lot of the product spills out especially when I am in a hurry (my usual eye-cream scenario).
Stay Don't Stray Brush


Cons:
  1. Yes, it is a bit pricey. The 10ml full-size is around $26. But considering, I could use it for a longer period of time, I think it is worth the prize (hmmm should I put this in Pros instead? hahaha). I hope there would be promos when I am about to buy the full-size version hahaha (just feeling hopeful!!!)
  2. Although I found the packaging more convenient than the usual tube-like type, since I am directly applying the brush to my eyelids and under the eye area, it is more prone to germs or bacteria. So, I make sure I cleaned and prepped my face and eyes before applying the product to prevent it for early spoilage.
I am using a liquid eye concealer so I don't have crease problem so far. That's why I mostly see how the Stay Don't Stray's effect on my eyeshadow than that of my concealer.

If you... 

...haven't tried this cool, eyeshadow-friendly product yet, I hope I was able to give you some insights about it and gave you some good reasons to try it as well.
...got this also in your March BDJ Box or have bought one for yourself, feel free to share your experience. Hope it worked well to you too. 


If you want to learn more about BDJ Box, check out their pretty cool website at www.bdjbox.com or their social media accounts and be part of the community of wonderful ladies who not only loves make-up and other skin care products but also empowers every bella to be at their best---from the inside and out.

Local stores: Benefit boutiques at Greenbelt, Rustans Makati, Rustans Shangrila, Mall of Asia & Trinoma
You may also follow or check their social media sites:




No comments:

Post a Comment