Friday, April 11, 2014

There's Something Bigger Than BB Cream This Summer

Product Review on Benefit San Francisco's "BIG EASY"

The "kikay" in me was on a look out,  for the past month, on beauty products that matches the behavior of my skin during the summer season (lately, the weather is really scorching hot! Don't you agree?). I did noticed that my face looks more oily and applying my usual facial creams like BB Creams and moisturizers gave me that very warm-feel on my skin in a not-so-good kinda way. For this kind of season, I prefer something the will help my skin less oily (if not eliminate its oiliness) and feeling hydrated or refreshed.
Benefit's BIG Easy

Attending the BDJ Beauty Social: Tres Chic event last March 2014 was a good venue for me to explore the beauty products I could try and learn more from what the beauty ministers or experts could recommend for the summer season. One product that was introduced during the "Primed & Ready" talk (all about Benefit San Francisco products) was the new (upcoming-by that time) "Big Easy". It was scheduled to be launched this April and they had a sneak peek (around the last weekend of March).

It is said to be bigger than BB and serves as a multi-balancing complexion perfector.

At first I was just curious on the product, but I was already thinking of looking for alternative BB cream since what I'm using right now feels warm, heavy and makes my skin look more oily (it works well during cold season though). During the sneak peek weekend, I dropped by on one of the Benefit Stores that is in Glorietta and checked it out. Of course the sales lady gave me a demo on how it works and its difference with the usual BB Cream. She tried 2 shades in my wrist area...the light/medium (#3) and medium (#4). I prefer the medium shade (I am Number 4 hehehe) as it blends well on my skin tone (looks like more natural and not too light). 

I am Number 4 :-)


Yeah, it kinda gave me a couple of minutes to decide to buy it, not because I don't like (I actually love it!) but because of the price...I never bought a BB Cream product that is more than 1,000Php (not even more than 800Php) --- yeah I am a very frugal bella. But in the end, it went straight to my kikay counter. hehehe

Here are my points that made me bought the Big Easy multi-balancing complexion perfector:

1. It is very light weight. When the lady put it in my wrist (and even when I use it in my daily make-up routine), I felt how light it is and not very warm on my skin. Perfect for the hot weather (very BIG plus!!!).
Big Easy Shade #4 on my wrist..natural looking right?


2. Its liquid to powder effect is like magic. You pour the cream from the tube in liquid form and when you start to apply or spread it into your skin it easily turns into that powdery effect (pretty cool right?).

3. It has SPF 35 PA+++, which is one of my requirements during this summer season.


Additional points during my test run:

1. Although the oiliness on my skin is still there (after a couple of hours since application), the oiliness is much lesser than before. 

2. It blends well on my skin --- looks like natural and perfect for those moods when I prefer a "no-make-up" make-up look.

3. The packaging is cute and the tube is very slim (not too bulky for my kikay kit).

4. A little pinch could go along the way. The way it blends on my skin is also the reason I use just a little amount of it on my face. So I guess I will use this maybe for around 3-5months? --Let's see, I marked the day I first use it actually to see if it is worth its price...hahaha 

A little pinch could go along the way


Not so good points? ---it is a bit pricey (2,000 Php for 35.0ml tube) but if you like to invest on something that could help you protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and at the same time gives you that natural-looking coverage, then I think you could give this a go.

Will you give the "Big Easy" a try? Let me know your thoughts.


Product Info:Name: Big Easy
Size: 35.0ml/1.18 US fl. oz.
Price: Php 2,000
Beauty Balancing Act:
  • Balances moisture & controls oil
  • SPF 35 (for skin protection and help prevent aging)
  • Lightweight and smooth like a powder (liquid-to-powder finish)
  • Non-comedogenic (meaning it doesn't block the pores)
  • Self adjusts on skin to your exact shade

Shades:
01 - Fair
02 - Light
03 - Light/Medium
04 - Medium
05 - Beige
06 - Deep Beige

Big Easy Shades (photo from Benefit Beauty PH )

How to Use (as per packaging):Apply to moisturized face with fingertips, blending for an even, natural finish. Pat on more wherever you want to build coverage.
Local stores: Benefit boutiques at Greenbelt, Rustans Makati, Rustans Shangrila, Mall of Asia & Trinoma
You may also follow or check their social media sites:

2 comments:

  1. Wow it's super blended on you! I have trouble with Benefit, somehow their bases always seem off on me. But this seems promising for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tellie, yes it does, that's why I "indulged" hahaha. It's been my face cream during this very hot weather since it turns from liquid to powdery form thus less oiliness on my skin.

      Delete