The 2nd BDJ Box Beauty Social event was held last March 23, 2014 at the Samsung Hall of SM Aura and it's all about being Tres Chic (very chic). The first one was held last September 2013 (it seems like just yesterday...how time flies).
| My fave pix from the event |
Ok, as usual the event was free (something I really love about their events) but only those who pre-registered online for the talks and answered the question "What's your signature makeup move to looking tres chic?" gets a loot bag.
The event was composed of 5 talks:
1. Beyond Beauty Basics with the BDJ Box Beauty Ministers
2. Picture Perfect with Sara Black, Canon Crusader of light
3. Up Close & Flawless with Max Factor National Make-up Artist Bobby Carlos
4. Primed and Ready with Benefit Cosmetics' Miakka Lim
5. Colours of Summer by Shiseido Maquillage lead by Jessica Villapando
The event was hosted by Jasmine Mendiola (she's just a "suki" of BDJ events, her previous one was the BDJ Fair last year at MOA and yes I was captivated by her "tiis-ganda" pink shoes).
![]() |
| Jasmine Mendiola |
![]() |
| I love Jasmine's pink shoes hahaha |
I wasn't able to make it to my first talk (Picture Perfect) since I need to be somewhere before the event but the good thing is that I was squeezed in the Primed & Ready talk (all about Benefit products) and then attended my other pre-registered talk Colors of Summer (on Shiseido products).
The 2 talks that I attended were focused on doing a demo on how to apply their product line (of course!) to the chosen models on stage to get that summer look.
I got to learn some products from Benefit that are good for those bellas that are acidic and have very sensitive skins to prevent breakouts when applying make-up.
One is the Benefit Triple Performing Emulsion moisturizer which is water-based so it should not harm those with sensitive skins.
That's the first time I also learned to better use the ring finger when applying our make-up (when using our fingers instead of brushes) because it has the lightest touch compared to the others. Ok, that is something I need to learn to do hehehe.
Also, on applying some moisturizer or foundation that have SPF protection on our face , I learned from Ms. Jessica Villapando (by personally asking her a question during Q &A) that you need to put less in the eyes than the rest of your face since you will be putting eye creams for added skin protection (I asked it because I know that the skin around the eye is thinner than the skin on the rest of our face --actually learned that from the 1st BDJ Box Social...Oh diba, I am listening?!?! Hehehe).
![]() |
| Jessica Villapando describing what her junior make-up artist is applying to our model for that summer look |
Outside the talk sessions, bellas could stroll around the Samsung Hall, to check out the different booths who participated in the event, who either offered different samples of their products for the bellas to try, some have mini games, free facial massage, make-up workshops and make-overs and of course picture taking.
Here are some of some pix of the booths who participated in the event.
Moschino Fragrance. I love their latest scent "Chic Petals. One of the staff tried it on my wrist and I enjoyed the scent while listening on the talks. It was also long lasting. They also had a cute bike in their booth where we could ride on to take picture with.
![]() |
| Moschino products. The red one is the ChicPetals |
![]() |
| me on the Moschino bicycle hehehe |
Print Social was there as well where bellas get a chance to take their pictures as souvenir from the event.
PAC/Biokos. They had a challenge on putting their liquid eyeliner and also mix and match game.
Too Cool For School. In this booth Bellas could capture their beauty in 3D. Wasn't able to try due to long lines :-(
![]() |
| TCFS products on display |
Cure Natural Aqua Gel. They did a demo on how their product works on your skin and they had a free sample. Well I already got 10 of them before from BDJ Box so I am familiar with their product. Great exfoliator!
Real Techniques, where you could have a free make-over with beauty blogger Ana Victorino.
Cover girl where they had a contest to snap a selfie and check their products as well.
Ellana Minerals where they provided a sample of their product.
Bifesta also provided some samples but I ran out of them :-(
Canon where bellas could "again" get a fab picture taken
Max Factor had a make-up workshop
Canmake had a free make-over
Yves Rocher let's you pick from their bowl of raffle prizes (I got a discount coupon).
Benefit, where bellas could wear the spy gal costume and have their picture taken (my fave hahaha).
My Amazing Blowdry Secret where they do a demo of their hair products (wasn't able to get a snapshot of their booth).
Revlon had a free knock-out nails offer to some bellas and a make-up workshop as well.
Godiva had a raffle where I won a free facial massage though I wasn't able to try it due to lack of time and long queue.
Raffle prizes were drawn as well for the lucky bellas who participated in the instagram contests where they tagged #printsocialxbdjbox for their captured picture from the event. The prizes were sponsored by Moschino.
Of course we get to take home a loot bag.
![]() |
| My loot including the samples and coupon that I won from the booths |
I got to enjoy the event with a good friend Trish making some poses on the photobooths. It was actually Trish's first BDJ Box Beauty Social Event and also looking forward for the next one, hopefully with our other friends.
I was also able to bump in to other bellas (also beauty bloggers) that I met on previous "kikay" events. Talk about expanding my network. :-)
Of course a picture with Darlyn and the beauty ministers should not be missed.
![]() |
| with the always gorgeous Darlyn |
![]() |
| L-R: Kate Alvarez, Me, Nicole Romero & Tara Cabulo |
I missed Erica and Barbie though. Hopefully next time I got to have a picture with them complete (fan lang ang peg hahaha)
For guys, it may be hard for them to grasp such simple joy, we, bellas feel on attending such events...well we love "kikay" stuffs. And as for me, I really love colours and enthusiastic to learn more, explore more and be part of a community where you enjoy the simple things about make-up and other beauty products (it is also one of my outlets for stress). Good thing my boyfriend doesn't complaint on me attending such events and just let me enjoy it, on one condition---don't splurge on beauty products! Hahaha! Which I successfully able to do this time. Last time I splurged on Shiseido products hahahaha!
Thanks again BDJ team for pulling off another successful event. Love your heart on this. More blessings to you bellas!
There's just one review point that you could plan better next time...the lighting of the venue. I found the venue's lighting not that good (our pictures onstage usually turns to pink) thus we can't actually see the actual colors being put on to the models during the demos. Something to consider next time. ;-)
For those reading this and would like to know more about BDJ Box, you may check their website at www.bdjbox.com.
Like their page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bdjbox
Follow them on Instagram: @bdjbox






























No comments:
Post a Comment