I was given the privilege to get an invite from Sample Room (VIP perks) and attend the Colour Collection's Hot Hues event last March 1,2014 at OZ Bar, Holiday Inn Suites, Makati City.I've been using some of the Colour Collection products that I got from a monthly subscription to another women-oriented-fashion-community site late last year (guess some of you already know what I mean, for others, just check my previous blogs hahaha) but I gave some of the lipsticks as Christmas gifts to my friends and saved a few to myself. I was also able to try some samples from The Sample Room as well, like the Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick's Naked Peach and the anti-aging BB Cream. So, the brand is no longer that new to me as I kept on using them for the past 4 months...especially the lipsticks.

It was actually my first time to attend an event that was hosted by The Sample Room, since I just became a VIP member just early this year, so I don't know anyone from the community yet. So, while planning to go to the event, I was looking forward to meet some new friends and get to know the wonderful ladies behind The Sample Room and of course learn what Colour Collection has to present to the us.
During the registration session in the event, the ladies were encouraged to pick and try a lipstick shade from Colour Collection and place a kiss-marked card in the Lip board. I got to try Kiss & Tell which is a color I haven't tried before.
The venue, which is the OZ Bar in Holiday Inn Suites, is quite small but good for a small-type of gathering. The ladies were able to enjoy some party-flavored punches prepared for us while waiting for the event to start (I like the names of punches as they were coordinated with the names of some of the Colour Collection lipsticks like "Love Me"', which is a combination of pineapple juice, coconut cream and honey, "Boudoir Pink", a mixture of strawberry juice, grenadine and sprite, "Hot Summer", has dalandan juice, calamansi juice and pomelo juice (this is the one I tried which really good) and then they also have "Catwalk", which is a mixture of banana, strawberry puree and coco cream.
Our table setting is very nice---designed with the different Colour Collection products that we could play around during the afternoon event.
The event was hosted by the pretty Pat Fernandez, who I noticed was enjoying on trying the different shades of lipsticks from Colour Collection while preparing for the event (ok, kinda observant type huh! hehehe).
During the talk we were given the introduction about Colour Collection which is under the Tupperware Brands (yeah, the good ol' brand for our food containers- I grew up using their products from our kitchen containers to my lunch kits hehehe). We were able to see the marketing group of the brand and as well as to get to know the pretty group behind The Sample Room.
![]() |
| Colour Collection's Bold & Beautiful Eye Shadow Palettes |
![]() |
| Our Table |
![]() |
| Colour Collection blush-ons and cream concealer |
![]() |
| Stash of Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks |
Meet Ms. Sophie Uy, co-founder of The Sample Room ( looking fabulous in her pretty dress---even if she's having mic problems by that time).
![]() |
| Ms. Sophie Uy |
Ok, to the meat of the event...
The talk focused on the different types of Lip Trend that were discussed by the beautiful-red-haired and funny lady, Ms. Bianca Valerio. She's a TV, Event and Online host, a columnist and a make-up artist (really love her humor).
![]() |
| Ms. Bianca Valerio |
She believed that every girl should always have 4 lip shades in her make-up kit: Red, Pink, Peach and Nude.
I like what she did during the talk, where she did a demo of the wearable version of the different Lip trends by demonstrating how to do them using, of course, the Colour Collection lipsticks to 2 gorgeous models (ok sorry, I wasn't able to write down the steps on how to do each of them as I was more focused on watching her on how to do it).
Some of the Lip Trends she discussed are...
Two-toned lips
Ombre Lips
Red Carpet Glam
Bianca also introduced the limited edition lipstick line that was named after her by Colour Collection (pretty cool right?!?).
During the event, I was able to get a chance to meet not 1, not 2 but 3 new friends (Tellie, Hellen and Abby). I got to enjoyed their company as we share how we started in blogging and how we learned about the event. Of course we exchanged numbers so we could contact each other again for future beauty events. That is of the things that I like for community events like this---Meeting new friends while enjoying the program.
| Me (farthest right) with my new find friends |
After the talk, they had an Instagram contest to make the best lip-art we could do using the different shades of lipsticks in our table. I didn't submitted my entry as I wasn't able to pull off a good design and picture due to my chappy lips at that time and not-so-good lighting when I try to take a shot of it. Five ladies were picked and won great prizes during the contest.
Congrats to Ms. Ingrid Nieto for getting the top lip-look which is a little bit of everything (Galing naman nya!).
Also, some lucky ladies were able to take home the 3 beautiful paintings created by the wonderful artist Ms Zandra Villagracia (ang galing nya!!!) during the raffle. FYI: The paintings were made of Colour Collection lipsticks...very nice right?!
![]() |
| Ms. Zandra Villagracia doing her art work using Colour Collection lipsticks |
Of course, we got to enjoy some good food and I indulged on carbs and protein as I need to do some carbo & protein loading after my treadmill test that I did before the event (don't worry I took a shower after the test and before going to the event...just so you know hahaha) where I was advised to took light snack before the test. So, I was actually a little bit starving when I got to the event. By the way, the food were great!
And last but not the least, my most favorite part...hahaha, we were able to take home some wonderful Colour Collection products in a make-up kit, plus an additional kit with 3 lipsticks inside that we could share with our friends and also, got a chance to take home the different products in our tables hahahaha...Isn't it wonderful???
![]() |
| Our loot bag |
![]() |
| Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks (in black packaging) with the 2 lippies from Bianca V. Line (in white packaging) |
![]() |
| Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks with the 2 lippies from Bianca V. Line (without the boxes) --Shades: Temptress, Belissima, Runway Red, Kiss & Tell, Ticke Me Pink, Angelic, Queen Bee-- |
![]() |
| Additional giveaways |
I really like the mirror which looks like a mini ipad hahahaha, as well as the make-up remover and the Colour Collection Beautiful Palette (from the Bold & Beautiful line) eyeshadow palette.
![]() |
| Take home from our table (Beautiful EyeShadow Palette, Ultimate Wear Lipsticks, BB Cream and Dual-Action Makeup Remover) |
![]() |
| Colour Collection Perfect Cover Cream Concealer |
I usually use the Naked Peach, Kissmark and Love Me lipsticks. Now, I have new favourites like Kiss and Tell and Angelic. I instantly got a lipstick counter in my kikay drawer.
I actually had a question in mind during the program which I no longer asked since Bianca already answered during her talk. My question was, when I use the Colour Collection Lip Therapy during chappy-lip-season, how can I prevent my lips from being shiny after putting a lipstick on top of it (I am a matte fan)? Her tip...apply the Lip Therapy first to your lips before you do your other make-up regimen---kinda the first product you apply in your face then apply your chosen lipstick as the last. By that time, your lips were able to absorbed the moisture from the Lip Therapy thus preventing your lips from being shiny after putting on the lipstick. A tip that I am applying since the event which is really true. Thanks for the tip Ms. Bianca.
![]() |
| Colour Collection Lip Therapy with Argan Oil |
Overall, I really enjoyed the event (did I mentioned that this was free? how good was that!)...clap! clap! clap! to the ladies of The Sample Room who were able to pull this off. Looking forward for another wonderful and informative event.
| Colour Collection Hot Hues Event in panoramic view |
Thank you for taking time to read my Colour Collection: Hot Hues event experience. If you are a reader who would like to learn more about The Sample Room, you may check out their website on how their membership works: www.sampleroom.ph. For more Colour Collection products, check their website at www.tupperwarebrands.ph.
'til the next beauty event.




























No comments:
Post a Comment