Friday, June 6, 2014

Bang's Tony & Jackey: My Choice For My Hair-do


I know that summer is about to end but the very hot weather still makes me rave for a new haircut. I have a thick hair thus having it very long gives me a heavy feeling specially when I do a sleek pony tail...it feels like a thick horse's tail swinging around while I'm walking. I am petite thus having a long hair makes me feel its weight easily. Anyway, that's my personal excuse hahahaha.



I really do want something different on my hair (well not too different). Changing my hairstyle is also my outlet for stress. Good thing I was able to squeeze in some time to head out to my fave Hair Salon in the Metro....Bang's Tony and Jackey (Makati Branch).

I've been their client since 2009 and I always love how they style my hair. This time, I was just planning to do have a haircut and hair treatment (which I do quarterly) but then again, one of their staff, who have known me for quite some time was successful in her marketing skills to make me avail their promo that includes the hair color. She pointed out the difference between my original hair color--which is black with some slight of in-born white hair (I'm not that old!!!) --- and my previously dyed hair were very visible already and its 10% off, so I gave in hehehehe.

As usual, I checked their hair style book and asked the hairstylist, by the name of Miji, which one is better between my top 2 style picks. After recommending what she think suits me better, she suggested not to follow the exact length in the book since my hair will naturally go fly-away if I have it shorter (shoulder length). She also recommended a darker color from my previous hair color since if I still choose the previous one, it will make my hair look lighter (simple color combination logic). I forgot the exact name of my color but it's on the Golden-Mahogany shade.

It was my first time to be serviced by Miji, as Ann, the previous stylist was on her day-off.  She's very nice and I like it when hairstylists suggests what will look good on you and not just follow what the customer says (they all actually do that). Before Ann, I had Tei and Patrick as my stylists. I think Tei was transferred to another branch and Patrick went back to Korea already. Patrick was my stylist for almost 2 years.

I've been to different salons before but for some reason, Bang's Tony and Jackey always delivers the style in a way that makes my hair more alive, beautiful and really suits my taste. My mom who used to be a hairstylist herself even told me that, she think I am "hiyang" with Bangs T&J (She mentioned this after I tried another salon--out of impulsion or I guess mood swings--she was not happy with the result) so she advised me to go back to T&J and stick with them even if it is a bit pricey than others. At least I'm always happy and satisfied with my hair.

I also remember a remark when I had my hair rebonded while I was assigned to work in Sydney, Australia. The hairstylist (a fellow Filipino) asked where I usually have my hair styled in Manila. When I said in Bang's T&J, he said "Wow! 'Yun ung salon na lumilipad ang mga gunting!" ("Wow! That's the salon where scissors are flying all around!"). It's his expression, which means the hairstylists are really trained and great. So, I guess a lot of stylists applaud the skills Bangs T&J have.

Just so you know, my haircut + Keratin Treatment + L'oreal Hair Color costs Php2,450 but they have a 10% off promo. Aside from this service, at least once a year, I avail their X-Tenso Rebond Package which costs Php9,000 at a regular price (that includes X-Tenso Rebond, Keratin Treatment and Haircut) but I usually avail them in promo season which is around Php5,000.

They have another set of promo until June 30, 2014 that you might be interested to avail:
Bang's Tony & Jackey Promo until June 30, 2014


How about you? Were you able to do some trips to your favorite salon lately? Feel free to share.

To know more about Bang's Tony & Jackey and their promos, you may check out their website and social media pages:

Website: http://bangstnj.cafe24.com/index_en.htm
Facebook: bangstnj
Instagram: @bangstnj
Twitter: @bangstnj



No comments:

Post a Comment